When installing SSRS server I have recently experienced a problem with the AX SSRS extensions not installing and resulting in an installation rolling back. The error message received was:
Unable to find appropriate service endpoint information in the configuration object.
The problem relates to the installation not being able to find the appropriate end point. There are a number of causes to this problem:
- CIL compile did not complete without errors
- Firewall is blocking communication
- BIServices is not activate
- Account permission
The process necessary to ensure you can get past this issue is as follows:
- Ensure the CIL compile is complete and error free.
- Switch off firewalls on AOS server and Reporting server. This is just to validate if the firewall is causing the problem.
- Check the BIServices is active. From AX menu System Administration->Services and Application Integration Framework->Inbound ports
If the green tick is not present, then select the line and press the activate button.
If the BIServices is not present, or will not activate then proceed to step 5.
- Try and install Reporting extensions. If same problem persists process to step 5.
- Re-deploy BIServices. This is completed from AX development environment: AOT->ServiceGroups->BIServices. Right click on the servicegroup and select deploy. This should result in a BIServices running as mentioned in step 3.
- Try and install Reporting extensions. If same problem persists process to step 7.
- Add the business connector account to the local admin group on the reporting server.
This should enable you to install the reporting extensions for AX 2012 R2, when experiencing problem with service endpoint errors.
If this has not resolved your problem then please let me know as I may have more information on installs that have occurred since this was written.